Saturday, March 24, 2007

Moment of Coolness: The Unit

I'm slowly making my way through Season Two of the Unit.
And, as much as I've been enjoying it-- I think I mentioned that it gives me enough of a cloak-and-dagger dose to keep me reasonably happy-- I've been worried about it. The writing can be pretty uneven in places... and some of the plot-lines (as well as some of the script-lines) surrounding the Unit wives can be pretty forgettable.

But tonight, watching episode 12-- the opening scene has our fearless leader, Jonas Blane (Dennis Haysbert is a bad bad man!), being ushered into an apparently secret meeting-- in a basement closet-- with a White House 'undersecretary'.

Then William H. Macy shows up and things really get interesting...
Macy arrives, Haysbert is surprised (as are we).. and a few moments later we learn Macy is taking a turn as the President in this episode...

This scene may have just saved this show for me...

No comments: