Sunday, November 13, 2005

Beeeeeaaaat Middies!

Irish 42
Navy 21

Okay, I don't really have a lot to say about this game.
In case you're concerned.. no, you're not really reading a Notre Dame sports blog.. but for my own purposes, owing to my really terrible memory, I've decided to keep a little personal log here about each Notre Dame game and my impressions of it-- key players, moments, thoughts, that kind of thing.

Not exactly the best kind of breathtaking Blog-reading, I realize.
So if you don't care about Notre Dame football.. or you just don't care about what I think about it.. feel free to ignore these posts.. I do actually intend to write about other things.. but at this time of year, there's little else of note on my mind.. so please oblige me.

So I really don't have much to say about this game... we were attending a little party for my sister's birthday, and my Dad and I got to catch a few minutes of the game here and there, kept track of the score, that kind of thing...

The Midshipmen had their usual, old-fashioned (and uniquely frustrating) option offense on display.. and it seemed to trip up the Notre Dame defense for a good while (most of the first half).. but the D did seem to adjust.. and their size and skill eventually just overwhelmed the Navy O-line.. so by the fourth quarter, the game was out of reach...

Quinn continues to impress.. and both Travis Thomas and Darius Walker had good games at Running back... and Stovall stole the show with three Touchdown grabs that, I'm sure by now, are making NFL scouts' mouths water.. just a little bit maybe.

And I think Samardzija was held without a TD for the first time all year... oweing in part to the double and triple-coverage the Middies had on him most of the game..

So what do you think? Next year, for the Heismann: Quinn, Walker, and Samardzija??
I know, I know. I'm a nut.

No comments: