Saturday, September 03, 2005

Just an hour away!

In just about an hour, Notre Dame takes the field against Pittsburgh and the Charlie Weis era begins.
I'm not going to pretend to be some kind of college football pundit.. but I am a fan... and I'm guardedly optimistic, as I am every year at this time. We'll see how it goes.
I'm hopeful that Weis is able to put together a decent offense this year- something we haven't seen at ND in several years. There were glimpses of creativity under Willingham-- backs shifting around, sets moving to give the Defense something to think about... but none of it ever seemed to come together.
With Weis' reknown as an offensive mind, and his talent for making in-game adjustments (something else ND has been TERRIBLE at for many years).. I hope he's at least able to keep it interesting and keep the real pundits (especially those guys at ESPN) off his back.

No comments: